Wednesday, March 29, 2017

She Was Just Born Yesterday...

 

     These photos aren't the best ones I have, but they hold a special place in my heart...because, well, I took these baby and Mommy selfies yesterday.  I had this sweet little peanut...yesterday.  I was sure she was a boy, little Porter Martin, but she was this adorable, loud, amazing GIRL with a head FULL of dark hair!  And it was the third time in my life that I was the happiest I've ever been.  Nothing could ever even come close.  And this time was all together different, I was relaxed, happy, taking in every moment and trying to make it all last longer.  Because, like I keep telling you, this all just happened yesterday.  When I took these photos I was sitting alone with Everson in my hospital room, waiting.  I was waiting for the pediatrician, waiting for my doctor, waiting for my breakfast...waiting to get word that we could call Patrick to come and get us to take us home.  And as much as I longed to bring this beautiful baby home, I was having a moment.  I knew this moment was special because it was just us.  No cooking , no cleaning up, no appointments, no play dates, no one needing my help, no one calling my name, no one else but us.  It was a short moment of stillness that we would never get back, and I wouldn't even want to, because I love this crazy life we live...but this time around I knew this was worth taking in.  I etched this hour or so in my heart so hard that I could always go back to it when I needed to.  Because, this all happened yesterday, and yet everyone is celebrating this baby girls 1st birthday!  And me, I'm back in this hospital room with her heart resting on mine and we are so warm and snuggled.  Because I was sitting in that hospital room yesterday, breathing this baby in, my heart bursting with love, so much that it was overtaking all the discomfort, and today I am chasing a happy go lucky, loving, sweet, snugly one year old. She's saying "bye bye" and waving to every person she sees, blowing kisses, and yelling "Mom" constantly!  She also says "Da-da" and "Ball" and I really think she says Doggy and Laney too but I can't be sure.  How did a year go this fast?  Not one day has gone by without me thinking, "How did I get this lucky?"  Evie, you are the cherry on top that just makes everything in our lives sweeter.  It's like I've always known you somehow. I love you baby girl!
The whole family came to celebrate with Evie!  It was the best day!
Awww cousin love, I love it.

You'll be eating cake in no time baby Maeve!




These two cuties are only 4 weeks apart!  I just want to eat them right up!
Grandma's cheesy potatoes?  Yes, please!

Cake time with ALL the cousins!







This is AWESOME mom!

Look at these cupcakes!  We found a new favorite spot and we will be back Salted Cupcake

Everson barely had a chance to open any gifts because her two helpers were all over it!

And Carson is probably the most excited about Evie's new water table...I mean did he think it was his birthday for a minute?!
Look at the adorable outfit just in time for our Disney trip!
Evie was spoiled rotten with LOVE and presents and we are so grateful.  


One of my favorite parts of her birthday party was that Carson and Laney decided to make a bunch of decorations for Evie all on thier own.  Carson made posters and hung them all over our house and a large "1" on the kitchen wall with post it notes.  Laney drew pictures of Evie and hung them all over the kitchen.  I have to admit it was a bit much for me to watch them busily taping everything up as I was frantically cooking and cleaning before our guests arrived, I wasn't exactly cheering them on...but that night as I looked around and saw all the love all over our walls...well, I just had to slow down to really see it to appreciate it.
 On Evie's actual birthday she ran some Disney World errands with me while Laney was at school, we stopped in to say hello to Grandma and Grandpa, and she played with her brother and sister all afternoon per the usual!  Grandma and Grandpa came over for dinner and then we headed out to Scoopers for Evie's first ice cream cone!  Today was the first official opening day for our favorite Ada ice cream spot...lucky us!  Fun Fact:  Last year on March 29th Scoopers opened for the first time as well, and Patrick took Carson and Laney there to get a special treat while I was in the hospital with Everson.

 It was like Everson was born to eat an ice cream cone, she knew just what to do and the girl didn't even let any drip!

 When Evie has "her people" around her (aka Carson and Laney) she is happy as can be and always entertained.  She's always looking for her brother and sister.

Ahhhhh...the first year down...so much fun to come!


Happy Birthday to You from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

Eat that Cake Up! from ingrid brang on Vimeo.


Blow a kiss from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment