Monday, April 10, 2017

Disney World, You Really Are Magical!

Ahhhh Disney World!  We loved our trip like WHOA!  It was fantastic.  I'm not going to lie, it was HOT HOT HOT.   We arrived in Orlando just in time for the heat wave.  It was in the upper 90's and sunny most days.  Carson and Laney got hot and crabby at times but they could handle it.  As much as Evie loved the rides and the water, she was miserable in her hot box of a black stroller at some points as well. For the most part Evie stuck with us and enjoyed everything.  It was so nice to have Grandma and Grandpa come along to enjoy this time with us.  They were a huge help and really made our trip extra special.  It went so much better than I ever expected and we already are looking forward to going back one day.  Here's a peak into our week at Disney World...

It took us 22 hours through the night to get to our destination and the kids were awesome!  We were ready to get out of that car though.  While Patrick went inside to check us in me and the kids walked around exploring.  Laney pulled up her princess socks over her pants, "Just in case I see any princesses Mom!".  We were all so excited!
We threw on our swimsuits and went straight to the pool for the afternoon!



Everson LOVED the pool, she splashed around and crawled right into the deep end like a baby turtle or something.


Then later that afternoon BAM....BIG SURPRISE!...


Disney surprise! from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

Our first full day we went to Epcot.  We loved it!   We loved every single day so I won't go on and on but something special on this day was that we planned a lunch with princesses for Laney.  My Mom and I took her and Everson...when I say this place is magical I mean it in every sense of the word.  This time it was "magical" to watch Laney turn from a sweaty, hot, crabby, monster in line to a beyond thrilled little girl!


Princess Parade!







Birthday Cupcake!








Checking out those autographs!
Check out those Anna and Elsa bushes right behind Laney. 

Waiting in line for a ride...I was so surprised at the amount of rides Everson was able to go on.  She really enjoed them!


I was sure that Laney would be into all the characters but I really didn't expect Carson to be...it was a nice surprise...magic I tell you!

We went to Magic Kingdom 3 of the 5 days we were at Disney. 


This photo is from Splash Mountain which both Carson and Laney will tell you was their favorite ride.  So.  Much.  Fun.
 Waiting to ride Ariel's Ride!








 Patrick said the flashing was hurting his eyes...can't handle the Buzz Light Year ride!







 Waiting for our shuttle!





 These are shots from Space Mountain...which Laney rode TWICE!  Carson (and the rest of us) was scared to death but says he's glad he rode it.  It's a serious roller coaster and it's all in the complete dark...Laney has to really love roller coasters to love this ride.  Laney went right back on with Patrick after these shots.  She JUST made the height cut off, whew!


 Patrick really wanted in on some princess action with Laney, he was so excited to take her to see Cinderella and Elena!



 Family shot with Merida!
 Had to ride the Tea Cups!  Grandma took one for the team there...I can't handle all the spinning anymore!
 One day we took a lunch break and went to Chef Mickey!  It was definitely a highlight of the trip.





 Animal Kingdom was awesome.  We went on a safari ride, saw the AMAZING Lion King show, and the Finding Nemo show was fantastic too.  It probably wasn't our favorite day because I think it was the hottest day of all.  We are all just dripping with sweat in these pictures.  On a cooler day we could have stayed all day and more.




hot girl
 Our room was pirate themed and the kids thought that was pretty cool.  We were pretty limited on space with the 5 of us so it was really nice that my parents had an adjoining room.  Several nights Carson and/or Laney slept over with them.





 Did I mention Evie LOVED the pool?!  It's going to be a fun summer!



All tuckered out.  
Last day ice cream treat and train ride with Grandma and Grandpa!



 Good bye Disney...we will see you again someday!  Thank you for being so good to us.  Next time we come with no diapers or formula!
We were sad to be leaving Disney World so it was really nice that Patrick had planned some fun stops for us on the way home!  We got to meet Sebastian and visit with Patrick's cousin Laura and her husband Jose. Thanks for having us!  

 Carson and Laney chased these little guys around all week.  Finally, Carson caught one (with Daddy's help) in Jacksonville on our visit with Laura.

 Next stop, Charlotte, NC!  This is our third year in a row stopping in to our old stomping grounds to visit with Megan, Ricky, and Cali.  We miss our best buds every day, but it's pretty awesome to see the kids just join up and start playing like we just saw them yesterday!  They aren't strangers that's for sure.  I really enjoy driving through Charlotte...makes me feel all warm and happy :-)


 PJ Masks!  Into the night to save the day!  How adorable are they?!

Laney ended up with a bloody nose after a wrestling match with Carson (although I kinda think she still won).  Cali nursed her back to health.  
  On our ride home Laney wrote this note on her boogie board.  It says, "Play, Kate, Laney".  She was missing her buddy Kate back home and wrote this all herself.  Way to go Laney!




Princess Lunch! from ingrid brang on Vimeo.


Cheese! from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

Evie loves the pool from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

Carsons Flip from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

Laneys Flip from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment