We found this AMAZING park in Grand Rapids called Millenium Park. How we did not know about this park before now I just do not know. There are so many awesome places in Grand Rapids. This park has a splash pad, a nice beach, and amazing playgrounds and trails. We had a fantastic last day of summer vacation at the beach with my parents. Next summer we will be back!
First day photo session. I wrote all about his first day below!
Laney and Max get some extra play time in now that Carson is at school all day. It's our little secret though...this NEVER happened. :-)
Who is that COOl girl????
The story of Carson's first day of Kindergarten goes like this: He woke up happy ready to eat cinnamon rolls for breakfast and start getting ready for school. He got himself dressed and brushed his teeth and told Laney about how he was going to ride the bus! (good start right?!) I helped him pack up his bag and went through everything like his lunch, snack, the playdough I had made to send in, and the paperwork I was sending to school. While we were doing that Laney got out the "baby" backpack that Carson used to take to daycare, he has since passed it down to Laney and told her that someday she will have to go to daycare too. Laney had to pack a small baggy of play dough and a special snack in her backpack as well. Carson laughed and asked me, "Why does Laney always want to do what I do Mommy?". My response, "Because she loves you so much!". He smiled for a quick photo session and we were off. Patrick stayed home for the first day of school so all of us headed out to the school bus stop together. Carson started saying he didn't want to go, which I expected, and we pushed forward. As we arrived at the bus stop Carson tried to stay in the car (we had to drive to a bus stop on the other side of the neighborhood because of the annoying roadwork they are doing at our entrance). We pried him out and headed to the bus stop full of at least 30 kids. He looked up at me and said, "When I see that bus I'm running away.". And. He. Did. The first bus (not his) came by and he literally turned around and started sprinting away like Forest Gump. Patrick had to chase him down a block away. Next, his bus pulled up and he jumped up in Patrick's arms crying and begging us to let him stay. Patrick tried to get him on the bus twice, both times Carson ran off the steps and off the bus after him. So mean Mom had to intervene. I gave Laney (who was SO ready to get on that bus) to Patrick and took Carson by the hand and led him on the bus. At the very back sat Jake, a 4th grade boy who lives by us and so sweetly started waving to Carson, so I took him all the way back. He was pulling and screaming the whole way but I managed to squeeze him in the seat with Jake and Anna. I told him he had to stay put or the bus driver would have to come back there. (It must have sounded scary because he stayed in his seat) I pretty much ran off the bus with the sound of his cries in the background. As I got off the bus, several parents clapped for me. Had a been in a better mood I would have bowed....I just wanted to get home so I could have my mini break down and move on from this day! That afternoon, Carson was the last kid off the bus and he jumped right up into Patrick's arms and held on tight for a BIG hug. He only had positive things to say about school and from the few bits and pieces I could gather, he had a lot of fun. Thank God for Jake, the kindest 4th grade boy ever, who sat with a crying kindergartner and consoled him before he got to school. Tomorrow, we do it all over again! Whew.
No comments:
Post a Comment